At GrillBillies we love pork belly. So much so we think it is the best cut of meat on the pig. Tender, juicy and loaded with flavor, you can't get much better. If you want to take a step into decadence then try this pork slider recipe. WOW, look out burgers, brisket, pulled pork--we have a "new guy on the grill". This recipe is simple and can be easily cooked in a smoker, gas or charcoal grill (use indirect method) or in the oven. Introduce some apple wood or pellets to give a slight smoky taste. Chow down folks, you're going to love it.
- Pork Belly (usually range from 5 to 7 lbs.)
- Vegetable Oil
- Obie's Double Garlic Pepper
- Smokin' Guns Mild
- Cimarron Doc Sweet Rib Rub
- Apple Wood Chunks or Apple Pellets
Serves: 10-12Cooking temperature: 275 to 300 degrees.
Approximate cooking time: 3 to 3.5 hours (though check at the 2.5 hr. mark)
Note: If you are on a gas or charcoal grill, use the indirect cooking method.
- Apply a light coat of vegetable oil to both sides of the belly (helps the seasonings to stick).
- Apply a light coat of Obie Cue's Double Garlic Pepper
- Apply a medium coat of Smokin' Guns Mild
- Apply a medium coat of Cimarron Doc Sweet Rib Rub
- If possible, let sit in the fridge overnight
- Fire up your smoker or grill bring up to temp and add wood (smoker) or pellets (gas grill, best put in a smoker tube or wrap in tin foil)
- Put the belly on a rack with a pan underneath
- Place the belly in the cooker
- When it reaches an internal temp of 190 degrees or higher, apply a medium coat of Holy Smoke Sweet Sauce and put back in the cooker for another 10 to 15 minutes to set the sauce.
- Remove from the cooker and immediately slice into pieces that will fit on a slider roll.
- If you want to "jazz it up" add some slaw or tomatoes
"That's It, Enjoy!!!